Do something good with your day:
Our controllers become valued advisors to their nonprofit clients by working with them on a long-term basis to strengthen their accounting departments. This means challenging and diverse opportunities for our staff to use their accounting expertise to help nonprofit organizations succeed in their missions.
We are expanding and looking for full- and part-time accountants and controllers who can think independently, take charge, and hit the ground running. Our part-time employees are eligible for many of the same benefits as full-time employees and are able to use their skills for interesting controller work while maintaining a reduced schedule.
We provide high-level controller and accounting functions throughout the year, including:
- monthly financial reporting including financial statements, dashboards and memos dashboards
- providing financial information to nonaccountants in a way that develops understanding and fosters engagement
- month-end transaction processing
- budgeting and cash flow planning and analysis
- forming working relationships with management and boards of directors
- facilitation of outside audits
- consultation regarding financial best practices as well as evaluation of systems and processes
We are hiring exceptional accountants with the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of progressive accounting experience (Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller, Controller, Director of Finance preferred)
- Outstanding communication skills and positive attitude
- Knowledge of, or interest in learning, multiple accounting software packages
- Willingness to travel to client offices in and around the metropolitan area
- Nonprofit or public accounting experience preferred but not required
We are the Best Place to Work:
We think happy accountants are the best accountants:
- We are consistently awarded Best Place to Work awards by the Business Journal
- 35-hour work week, paid overtime, and no tax season
- Flexible full- and part-time employment
- Employees work independently with the support of the firm behind them
- We are not a staffing or temp agency – you are our employee with benefits
- Rewarding and satisfying work with nonprofits: you will spend your day doing good.
Apply now or visit our website, www.yptc.com, to learn more about Your Part-Time Controller.